Key Stage 4
The NCFE Level 2 in Child Development and Care provides the opportunity for you to gain a vocational qualification that gives a basic introduction to caring for children. It includes the knowledge and understanding of child development and well-being necessary for working with children in a variety of settings.
It is aimed at students who wish to be introduced to childcare and development for children aged 0-5 years. It also gives students an insight into their preferred learning styles and assists in developing their ability to study.
This qualification will enable you to develop significant transferable knowledge and study skills which will support your progression into 6th Form including:
- an awareness of learning styles
- a basic introduction into working with children in a variety of settings
- an understanding of roles and responsibilities when working in a setting with children
- an understanding of Equality and Diversity within a childcare setting
- a basic understanding of the stages and sequence of child development
- an introduction to observing children and how it supports their development
- an introduction to the influences that affect holistic development
- an introduction to everyday care routines and the types of activities that can support the development of independence
- an introduction to supporting children through changes in their lives.
Key Stage 5
Under construction. For curriculum information, please contact email@example.com