Ormiston Victory Academy has now returned to full time education. As ever, our top priority is the health and safety of students and staff. We have carried out a detailed Risk Assessment to ensure that our students and staff can return as safely as possible. We continue to follow the government guidelines and update parents, carers and staff regularly with updates.
Covid-19 Self Isolation
If your child is self-isolating due to them (or someone else in your household) displaying symptoms it is important to let us know. Please complete our Self Isolation Form if this is the case.
Check if you or your child has coronavirus symptoms
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), get a test as soon as possible. Stay at home with the rest of your household until you get the result.
- Get a test to check if you have coronavirus as soon as possible – call 119 to book this or go to NHS online https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19/
- Stay at home and do not have visitors until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test.
- Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, must also stay at home until you get your result.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Call 111 if you cannot get help online. Do not go to places like a GP surgery, hospital or pharmacy.
If your child seems very unwell, is getting worse or you think there’s something seriously wrong, call 999.
Do not delay getting help if you’re worried. Trust your instincts. If you have difficulty booking a test, contact us and we will try to support as best we can.
- Go into household and bubble isolation
- Arrange for your child (and anyone else with symptoms) to be tested
- Tell us the outcome as soon as you can so we can activate Track and Trace procedures – you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or the Principal in confidence on email@example.com
- Only send your child back to school if s/he/they has a negative result or has completed the NHS isolation period
We have put plans in place to ensure that our students are able to continue their education at home, if they need to isolate or should we need to close.
We have newly introduced Class Charts, a new home system – students are expected to check this regularly for all subjects.
Advice and Communication
The government has published advice for families around return to school – which can accessed through the following link:
We have the following letters to parents and carers: