Sixth Form Team
Sixth Form Team
Our Sixth Form Team consists of the following staff:
|Mr R. Timm||Mr J. Colebrook||Mr T. Souter||Miss N. Sadler||Mrs S. Wrightson|
|Assistant Principal for Sixth Form||Assistant Head of Sixth Form||Assistant Head of Sixth Form||Sixth Form Progress Mentor||Sixth Form Co-ordinator|
Year 12 & 13 Tutors
The Year 12 & 13 Tutors Team consists of the following staff:
- DBA – Mr Ballentine
- DBR – Mrs Bryan
- JCO – Mr Colebrook
- NSA – Miss Sadler
- OJA – Mr James
- SRO – Mrs Roydes and Mrs Bowes
- TWO – Mrs Woodhouse and Mrs Willis
The Role of the Form Tutor
The Form Tutor plays a key role in supporting student progress. This is achieved in a number of ways.
- Monitoring academic progress by reviewing work and achievement individually with students on a regular basis.
- Maintaining records of progress and agreeing targets for students, which are then reviewed
- Giving advice on study skills, methods of working and approaches to Sixth Form life generally.
- Monitoring and implementing the Raising Achievement System.
- Giving advice and guidance on progression – especially into Higher Education.
- Implementing the agreed pastoral programme.
- Collating subject references and adding personal comments for UCAS references.
- Maintaining an accurate attendance record. This also includes involvement in the EMA process.
- Following up unexplained absences or poor punctuality by contacting parents by phone or letter.
- Delivering the PSHE programme.
There is a Scheme of Work to follow for the PSHE programme. This is delivered every day during Form Time and is designed to cover areas of life that are relevant to Sixth Form students from study skills, from getting a Driving Licence to UCAS applications.