Sixth Form Team
Sixth Form Team
Our Sixth Form Team consists of the following staff:
|Mr Timm||Mr Colebrook||Mr Souter||Mrs Lusher-Chamberlain||Mrs Wrightson|
|Assistant Principal for Sixth Form||Assistant Head of Sixth Form||Assistant Head of Sixth Form||Sixth Form Study Manager||Sixth Form Coordinator|
The Role of the Sixth Form Team
The Sixth Form Team play a key role in supporting student progress. This is achieved in a number of ways.
- Monitoring academic progress by reviewing work and achievement individually with students on a regular basis.
- Maintaining records of progress and agreeing targets for students, which are then reviewed
- Giving advice on study skills, methods of working and approaches to Sixth Form life generally.
- Monitoring and implementing the Raising Achievement System.
- Giving advice and guidance on progression – especially into Higher Education.
- Implementing the agreed pastoral programme.
- Collating subject references and adding personal comments for UCAS references.
- Maintaining an accurate attendance record. This also includes involvement in the EMA process.
- Following up unexplained absences or poor punctuality by contacting parents by phone or letter.
- Delivering the PSHE programme.
Assembly takes place every Thursday during Period 4 and will provide important information on a wide range of subjects such as UCAS, Careers, EPQ, Driving, Student Finance, Apprenticeships and Study Skills. Assembly will also provide students with valuable updates relevant to Sixth Form. Attendance is compulsory for each student in the Sixth Form College.