Please watch the following video where Mrs Ballentine explains what is happening with your online learning.
- Follow your normal timetable for online learning
- Teachers will either be running Live Lessons, Pre-recorded Lessons or will set the work directly on Classcharts.
- Everything you need will be on Classcharts including Zoom Links
- Contact your Head of Year if you are having trouble accessing Classcharts
- 100% Live lessons for Year 11/13 and up to 50% for other years
- Live lessons will be recorded for those unable to attend
- Knowledge Organisers are on the website as well as on Classcharts
- Arrive to live lessons 5 minutes before
- Resources for the lesson e.g. worksheets will be on Classcharts
- Behaviour expectations are the same – keep yourself on mute while the teacher is talking
- Keep in contact if there is anything you need.
Class Charts Guidance
ClassCharts Pupil Login (students login with their pupil code and date of birth)
Class Charts Parent Login (parents setup an account with their parent code, then use their email address and chosen password thereafter)
GCSE Pod Revision Website (students can click ‘sign in with google’ to login using their school email address)
Seneca Learning Revision Website (students simply sign up with their email address to create an account)
Maths Watch (students are provided with a username and password by their Maths teacher)
Method Maths (students are provided with a username and password by their Maths teacher)
Frequently Asked Questions
To answer some of the questions you are likely to have…
1. How do we use Zoom?
The link to join your zoom lessons will be posted on Classcharts by your teacher, click on this to open the meeting. You don’t need to have an account.
2. What is Google Drive?
Some of the files you need will be stored here, teachers will post a link on Classcharts if you need anything from Google Drive.
3. I have lost my Classcharts code?
Codes were emailed to all students, so please search your emails for it. If you still can’t find it, get in contact with your Head of Year.
4. What should I do if I can’t join live lessons?
Recordings of the lessons will be saved on Google Drive in this folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/0AFFZ4gRk_p18Uk9PVA
5. I don’t have access permission for a Google Drive link?
For security reasons, all files shared through Google Drive are only available to people inside Ormiston Victory Academy. Please make sure you are logged into Google with your academy email address (ending in @ormistonvictoryacademy.co.uk) rather than a personal Gmail account.
Online Learning Queries
If you have any queries regarding your child’s online learning, or they are experiencing difficulties with accessing work, please contact their year team.
Mr Miller, Head of Year firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Scott, Head of Behaviour email@example.com
Mr Tyne, Head of Year firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Taylor, Head of Behaviour email@example.com
Mrs Cordy, Head of Year firstname.lastname@example.org
Miss Ellwood, Head of Behaviour email@example.com
Mrs Rowe, Head of Year firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Woodcock, Head of Behaviour email@example.com
Miss Aves, Head of Year firstname.lastname@example.org
Miss Burke, Head of Behaviour email@example.com
Year 12 and 13
Mr Timm, Assistant Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Harris, Sixth Form Progress Mentor email@example.com
Mrs Lusher-Chamberlain, Sixth Form Study Manager firstname.lastname@example.org