A Level Results 2018 (Provisional)
Lord Nelson Sixth Form at Ormiston Victory Academy is delighted to celebrate another impressive set of results. Year 13 students achieved some excellent outcomes of which they can be very proud. We are please to see our A* – C percentage for academic A Levels rise to 66% – an increase of 9 percentage points from 2017. Our average points score for academic A Levels has also increased by over 40% and our overall pass rate at A* to E is 100%.
Principal, Naomi Palmer said “We are excited to celebrate some wonderful results with our students today – I am so proud of what they have achieved. We are thrilled for our young people, their families and their teachers who have helped to contribute to this success. We have our highest ever percentage of students progressing to university which is excellent news. We wish them all well on the next stage of the journey, whatever that might be.” –
A Level Mathematics results are the strongest ever at 86% A* to C and 71% A* to B. We are thrilled with our art students, 100% of whom gained A* to B grades. An impressive 78% of our History students achieved A* to C (71% A* to B). Our vocational subjects remain a strength too, with 88% of Interactive Media and 100% of the BTEC Sport students gaining A* to C equivalents.
Head of Sixth Form, Richard Timm, is delighted, “I would like to congratulate all students on a wonderful set of results. I’m proud of all students at Lord Nelson Sixth Form whose hard work and dedication over the past two years has paid off with some fantastic outcomes. I wish them all the best for their future studies and chosen careers and thank the staff for their dedication.”
A detailed breakdown of our results is included in the tables shown below.
We offer our sincere congratulations to every student and all A level students and their families who are celebrating today. We look forward to keeping in touch with our alumni as they continue with their studies or begin their careers.
Individual Successes and Destinations:
More important than overall academy results are the personal stories of achievement and future destinations for each individual student. We are proud of all of our students but have highlighted a few below which represent the breadth of successes at the academy.
At the end of Summer 2018, 100% of our sixth form students went onto further education, employment or training.
The governors, principal and staff offer special, individual congratulations to:
- Harry Landles (who progresses to Leeds University to read Economics and Mathematics) who gained ‘A*’ in mathematics and ‘A’ grades in Biology and Geography.
- Chloe Tulloch achieved very impressive ‘A*s’ in both Art and English Literature and ‘C’ in History and will continue her studies at UEA with a degree in Literature and History.
- Ben Revell, who secured ‘A’ grades in Business Studies and English Language and ‘B’ in History will study marketing at Aston in Birmingham.
- Results for students studying Level 3 vocational courses were exceptional, with 5 students achieving triple A* grades in Childcare.
- Special mentions also go to Mickey Hill and Rachel Elvin who, having enjoyed celebrating some excellent A Level outcomes, join the academy for their Gap Year posts from September – remaining a critical part of the Victory family!
For further information, or to discuss any aspect of the academy’s results in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact the Vice Principal for Student Progress (Orla Ballentine) or the Assistant Principal for Sixth Form (Richard Timm), through the contact page of the website.