Duke of Edinburgh Award
Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award
The DofE’s a life-changing adventure you don’t want to miss. It’s about going the extra mile – learning new skills for work and life, getting fitter, making a difference and broadening your horizons. Millions of young people in the UK have already done their DofE – and now its your turn!
On the award you will have to complete three sections, volunteering, physical and skills. There are loads of activities to choose from and almost anything can count towards your DofE. Maybe you want to try something new? Or get better at something you already do? Your DofE can be whatever you want it to be. Activities for each DofE section take a minimum of one hour a week over a set period of time, so they can fit in around your studies and life outside school. The picture below explains the structure of the bronze award.
The COVID-19 outbreak won’t stop you doing your DofE – far from it. In fact, the DofE can help you navigate your ‘new normal’, expand your world and give you skills and experiences that can open doors in the future.
So why should you do your DofE?
It’s hard to list all the benefits of achieving your Bronze Award, so here’s a quick snapshot. You’ll…
- Have lots of fun
- Get healthier and happier
- Meet incredible people and make lasting friendships
- Have amazing new experiences
- Find talents and passions you didn’t know you had
- Gain skills that employers value, which you can use on your CV
- Become more confident and independent
- Stand out from the crowd in college, university and job applications
- Make memories that will last a lifetime.
Interested? You can find more information on the DofE website or you can speak with Mr Rogers about the award. This years bronze award starts on the 5th of October.