Dear Students, Parents and Carers
Please watch the following video where Mrs Ballentine explains what is happening with your online learning this week.
- Follow your normal timetable for online learning
- Teachers will either be running Live Lessons, Pre-recorded Lessons or will set the work directly on Classcharts.
- Everything you need will be on Classcharts including Zoom Links
- Contact your Head of Year if you are having trouble accessing Classcharts
- 100% Live lessons for Year 11/13 and up to 50% for other years
- Live lessons will be recorded for those unable to attend
- Knowledge Organisers are on the website as well as on Classcharts
- Arrive to live lessons 5 minutes before
- Resources for the lesson e.g. worksheets will be on Classcharts
- Behaviour expectations are the same – keep yourself on mute while the teacher is talking
- Keep in contact if there is anything you need.
To answer some of the questions you are likely to have…
Frequently asked questions:
1. How do we use Zoom?
The link to join your zoom lessons will be posted on Classcharts by your teacher, click on this to open the meeting. You don’t need to have an account.
2. What is Google Drive?
Some of the files you need will be stored here, teachers will post a link on Classcharts if you need anything from Google Drive.
3. I have lost my Classcharts code?
Codes were emailed to all students, so please search your emails for it. If you still can’t find it, get in contact with your Head of Year.
4. What should I do if I can’t join live lessons?
Recordings of the lessons will be saved on Google Drive in this folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/0AFFZ4gRk_p18Uk9PVA
(You will need to be signed in with your school Google account to access)
Mr R Arger | Careers Leader, Data and Strategic Projects Manager and Instructor of Computing | Ormiston Victory Academy
DDI: 01603 734161 | E: [email protected]